Friday, August 13, 2010

Meeting Wendy Webb

Last night I headed to Next Chapter Bookshop for the second time in a week! I live on the East Side and don't make it out to Mequon too often, but the two events they hosted this week were just too tempting.

I learned of Wendy's book, The Tale of Halcyon Crane, from Next Chapter's site. I love going to readings of authors/books that are new to me because you pretty much have to be ready for anything! By not having read the book prior to the event, I was definitely in the minority. A special meeting between Wendy and two book clubs took place just prior to her reading and folks were excited to meet her and discuss the book.

She was a wonderful speaker and prompted discussion in a very natural way, maintaining the flow of the event. I thank her for her time (as she devoted a lot of it to us!) and hope to post an interview or guest post with her soon!

No comments: